Gram flour commonly known as besan has traditional significance in Asian people.
Gram flour is produced by grinding roasted or raw chickpeas. That’s why it is also called chickpeas flour as well.
It was used for skincare in old times and is still used for multiple purposes.
According to the Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics 10 (5), 159-164, 2020, Gram flour and several other powders including turmeric, sandal, and alum powder are used in the In-house preparation, development, and evaluation of herbal cosmetics face packs.
The most exciting thing about Gram flour is that besides its benefits for skincare it is easily available in every kitchen.
Here are the mind-blowing benefits of gram flour for your skin:
1. Remove Acne Scars:
Over-active oil glands at the base of hair follicles cause chronic, inflammatory skin disease that causes pimples on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms.
These pimples are collectively known as acne. Acne is difficult to treat and always leaves a dark spot or a scar on your skin.
9 out of 10 teenagers have to go through this process when they turn into adults.
But you do not need to worry about it!
Gram flour mask will treat your acne within few days.
Gram flour is rich in zinc that is globally used in skincare products to cure acne.
It controls excess sebum production, soothes inflamed skin, and gives you crystal clear glowing skin.
Besides, its amazing properties for skincare it’s also good for your immune system.
Excess Blood sugar is another reason for acne.
Gram flour is rich in fiber that controls elevated blood sugar in your body and helps you in the digestion process.
To treat acne you should mix gram flour with turmeric powder and lemon juice for better results.
- You can also add rose water for smooth and clear skin.
- Mix all these ingredients and make a thick paste of it.
- Apply a thin layer of paste on your skin.
- Let it sit for 20 to 25 minutes and rinse off with normal temperature water.
2. Remove Sunburns and Tan using Gram Flour:
Do you want to play with water waves in summer but you don’t want to tan your skin?
No worries, you can walk on sandy beaches, play with water waves and enjoy your favorite music on the beach.
Gram flour will take care of your skin and protect it from the sun.
Sunlight has tremendous benefits for our health but excess of anything could be dangerous.
Sun produces UV radiation that is harmful to your skin.
UVA radiation from the sun penetrates the lower layers of the skin known as the epidermis and triggers cells called melanocytes to produce melanin.
Melanin causes brown pigmentation of the skin that is commonly known as tan.
There are several detaining washes available in the market but it’s better to cut on your expenses and try gram flour to get rid of it.
Gram flour can easily de-tan your body areas without irritation.
It’s a completely safe and cost-effective option for you in summer when you frequently visit beaches.
- Mix gram flour with lemon juice to brighten up skin.
- Lemon juice has natural ingredients to lighten the skin tone and gram flour will keep it moisturized.
3. Remove Excess Oil with Gram Flour:
Our body produces natural oil on our face due to some hormonal changes and it’s normal.
Excess of oil can cause acne on your skin but you can treat it with gram flour.
Gram flour has alkalizing properties that can easily balance the pH levels of your skin.
Gram flour soaks up all the extra oil from your skin.
4. Remove Dead Skin Cells and Let it Glow:
Our skin grows all the time.
The natural healing process produces new cells ever every day need to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin.
Gram flour works best for the exfoliation of your skin.
It removes dirt, dust and, oil and gives soft, smooth and, glowing skin.
- Scrub your face with gram flour mixed with rose water.
- Be gentle with your skin.
- After 20 minutes rinse your face with clean water and you are all set.
5. Remove Facial Hair Naturally:
Gram flour is traditionally used to remove unwanted hair from your body in Asia.
It is used to remove unwanted hair from babies’ skin such as the forehead, ears, and face too.
- Apply a thick paste of gram flour, milk, and rose water on your skin where you want to remove excess hair.
- Let it dry and then rub that area gently.
- Flakes of gram flour will remove hair with themselves.
- Clean up your skin with water and apply any moisturizer.
Gram flour has a lot of benefits for the skin and it can be used once a week for glowing skin. It’s a safe and viable option for a daily skin routine in budget.